5.11.2012

Magazine Sets

I am back from another long hiatus! Although, I am still not sure how often I'll be able to work on the miniatures. My husband and I moved in his Grandma's 70 year old house just last Christmas. So, other than my graphic design projects I've also been preoccupied with arranging and fixing up an "antique" house. Not the easiest of things to do if I may say. (Specially when you're on a budget.) ;)

So anyway, back to miniatures.

To get me in the crafting groove again. I decided to start with making the small accessories. I usually start with those as they are easier and more relaxing to do than the furniture. Last year I created some miniature Dwell and Martha Stewart magazines with matching magazine organizers. This year I thought why not make my own magazine designs?

So that's what I did.



All the pictures used on the magazine designs were taken by me. As many of you may not know I specialize in packaging / label design and have always loved taking pictures of foods to sometimes use in my projects. I am not the best of photographers nor am I a food stylist, but I have developed a passion for it and have been self studying whenever I can. The food pictures you see in the mini YumYum magazines are the most recent and favorite shots I've taken so far. I have gotten these magazines printed on gloss paper which the pics don't really show that much.

This picture gives a peek of what the back of the magazines look like.

Of course the magazine set will not be complete without the miniature organizers. I managed to find a supplier for the mini metal label frames. It took me more than a month to get them, but it was all worth waiting for.





I was planning to list a few sets in Etsy but the first 8 sets I allotted to sell sold out before I had a chance to list them. Which was good since I got to sell them a few dollars cheaper since I didn't have to pay for Etsy fees. ^_^

My sets include 2 organizers and the 12 magazines.


If you're interested let me know. I may have a few more sets left. ;)



   

5 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic. Love the fact that you took your own pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an e-mail. I just love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to buy one of these sets...your work is immaculate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the metal mini frames, who is your supplier? I think these are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. เกมออนไลน์ สล็อตออนไลน์ joker123 slot online คลิกเลย
    https://www.slot4u.com/joker123

    ReplyDelete